Friday, February 23, 2007

"Have you ever loved?"

I was asked this question about a week ago & then was further reminded of it today.
In my own head I came to a final conclusion.
Of course when 1st asked this question, I blurted out "I don't know" with out even actually thinking like I should have.
That is what the one who asked me it was expecting...
an answer filled with thought and meaning.
I'm sorry.
I do that because I'm scared of what the other person might think of what I say or do.
My self confidence was close to empty.
"I have to test the waters 1st".

Anyways, the answer that I should have given was:
"I once thought I was"
And truely, I did think I was.
And although at that time,
last year,
I was then too, not able to express deep feelings very well.
I thought I loved that person and that what we had was love.
I didn't know what love was though, so I coupled it with infatuation.
But pushing, punching, screaming, and making someone feel like they have no meaning... is not love.
Tough love is not even the right description of it.
I learned that the hard way unfortunately.
Emotionally & physically.
I'm a very emotional person,
I have to hold back tears a lot.
From what I perceive, people don't notice that though.
So naturally a over the top, disfuntional relationship takes time to recover from.
But i will recover over time.
In fact I am for the most part over it all.
But it this situation I'm in now,
I am too happy with it.
It gives my life more meaning.
A natural High.
Something to look forward to.
In short, I am happy.
But also... I am sceptical.
Not of the other person, but of myself.
That somewhere down the line I will mess up, and that the other person will think I'm "psycho" in other words.
I am afraid.
I really am.
I don't want to feel as bad as I did before.
I don't think I will though.
But the worse is always in the back of my mind.
Feeding on my happiness like a tumor.
But not destroying it the least.

Really in the end.
I feel the same as that person.
I just can't voice it properly.
Atleast, not like they can.
I have my complexes.
And I hate them
I hate the way they make me and how they disable me
I think I will eventually overcome them,
others have tried in the past but obviously not hard enough.
I really just want to be able to say everything that I feel with out being so self conscious of my words.

In the end,
If I could say something to the present moment's situation and all that deals with it, I would most likely say something relatively close to:
"I love my life. I haven't been this happy for ever, and I don't want this feeling to ever decrease or disappear. EVER."







you.
catch me.
cause I'm....

1 comment:

kalvin said...

your so lucky. to me, that feeling your describing, love, is what there is to live for. If you got it, dont give it up, and TELL THE OTHER PERSON.